Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Diary 8/12/11

The chickens are settling in ,but they are only giving one egg per day so far.  They almost seem afraid to go into their yard, or as if they forgot it is out there.  I think they just need more time to adjust. Good harvest today with extra goodies planned to can this weekend; pickles, beans, and tomato sauce.  There are enough berries to make another round of jam. also. Meanwhile, the onions are sizing up and the corn looks closer everyday.  We ate our first cantaloupe which was hiding under leaves on the vines.  It was one of the best ever! Garlic is sorted, separating the seed garlic from what I will sell and use.  Not a very big harvest, but some nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...