Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Diary 2/9

Hey, I forgot to blog last night.  I guess I was yogad out.  Worked on upper greenhouse beds yesterday and started some seeds in there as the soil has warmed up considerably.  I poked in some cabbage, broccoli, chard, the rainbow ones again, snap peas, and white onions.  I have new seed coming, the Walla Walla sweet onions and some more pod peas.  I also put a small line of Ruby lettuce in, but need to get Romaine and Nevada Batavian going, maybe today.  As these seeds sprout, I will transplant them apart and ultimately to where they will grow.  By starting them all together, I can babysit them easier until they have at least two sets of leaves and can go out on their own. The garlic is coming up, as you can see in the picture. The one bed of garlic looks great.  The other bed looks like something dug many of the cloves up.  A squirrel?  A fox?  Not sure, but I am mad enough to evict whoever it was...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...