Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Diary 2/7

Back to the grind, or should I say the shovel?  Working on a place to put onion seed.  I will get some going in sandy bed of greenhouse to transplant outdoors later.  I also have some potatoes that are sprouting and I am going to put an experimental bed of them in one of the greenhouses somewhere.  I had a few in the greenhouses last year and they did fine.  It was supposed to be sunny and warm this week, but it is windy and changing out there.  I think it may snow tonight. It probably won't be much, but it is NOT sunny and warm.  Lucky find of the day were these onions hiding under the pile of drip lines.  Actually, I think the drip lines mulched them and protected them from freezing and turning into mush.  The fact that they are planted in the sandier soil helped also.  Good score!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...