Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Diary 2/12

Happy Birthday, Mr. Lincoln.  It was a school holiday on the 12th, and then again on the 22nd for Washington when I was growing up.  Worked on lower greenhouse while Garden Dog had a visitor.  Bear is a gentle goon of a dog no matter how fierce he looks.  I just wouldn't want to see what he might do if his owner was distressed, he loves her so. Planted some potatoes in a bed in the top greenhouse as an experiment.  The other seed potatoes won't go in until mid-April so that they won't freeze back too hard.  I planted a few small potatoes around the edges in the greenhouse last year and forgot about them.  As we clean up beds, they keep showing up and they did well, albeit neglected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...