Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Diary 2/24

It graupelled for awhile an hour ago.  Graupel looks like small chi-chi balls or the stuffing of a beanbag chair.  It occurs when snow flakes fall through supercooled cloud droplets. When these droplets his the crystal, they freeze, covering the original form. (The Weather Book by Jack Williams).  Now it is snowing again, but downgraded from initial snowstorm warnings.  Cooling quickly.  Lost a degree in the last 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...