Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Diary 2/11

Another nice day ahead of some cloudy and rainy weather soon.  I noticed these blooming in the woods yesterday.  I knew they were out around Valentine's Day as my children used to wander the forest on their way up from the bus stop picking copious bouquets of them for me this time of year.  I have struggled to find their name, even though I own several wildflower books.  In our area, they are the first to bloom, and may have escaped notice for that reason.  The leaves look very geraniumesque, but the flowers are a simple bell.  Linnaeus, where are you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...