Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Diary 2/28

Down to some of the last potatoes from last year, mostly Yukon Golds.  The onion selection is bottom of the barrel types also;small, but still usable.  Kinda scary here until more food comes along.  It will be about a month before the asparagus and some of the baby stuff is available.  The last of the carrots, spinach, and broccoli are still there to harvest from the greenhouse, and kale of course, but there is a bit of a gap here between what I have and what is coming.  Hard to buy produce for me, but at some point I bite the bullet and purchase an onion or two and some potatoes to go with the up and coming greens.  When asparagus gets here, it signals the start of a new year.  Until then, we do have a couple pumpkins...curry soup, hmmmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...