Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Diary 2/10

Lovely day, warm in the sun, cold in the shadows.  Found this crocus hiding in the lawn. Worked on finishing clean-up in upper greenhouse.  I am thinking of planting some alfalfa under the side bench where it is difficult to work the soil.  I have grown tomatoes, squash, basil, and most recently lettuce under there, but as I said, it is difficult to work.  I think if the alfalfa grew it might crowd out the weeds that want to be there, add nitrogen, and look pretty!  I could cut and use the grass for mulch if it got that far.  Worked on a row of raspberries outside that were in the full sun.  Felt good to get going on them.  There are five rows to do, so most of one is a great start! I think we are in for a change in our weather, so good thing to take advantage of this beautiful day.  Soon I need to work on the asparagus bed, but it was not nearly so sunny and warm where it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...