Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Diary 1/8

Happy New Year!  I'm back.  As my friend wrote to you, my computer died.  A beautiful snow storm hit on December 30th with one foot of snow.  That knocked our power out between 5 and midnight and I didn't get to blog because I was just returning from Eugene.  Then, the next morning we had turned everything back on and a branch hit our part of the line, breaking the ground wire and frying surge protectors left and right.  We did get the TV, printer, and monitor turned off, but not the tower.  So close.  Anyway, something exploded in the corner and we could smell burning wires, so we rushed to flip the breaker on the whole house.  A trip outside showed our power line dangling just above the ground and then the broken wire.  Everything survived except my 7 year old computer tower.  Pretty good it lasted that long.  Could have replaced power unit, but then the hard drive was on its last legs and cooler was struggling, so was video fan or something.  So...new tower and a trip to the coast later, I am back in business.  Hope I haven't lost too many of you followers, and I myself have alot of following to catch up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...