Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Diary 1/11


The date today is 1/11/11.  Wow!  I keep thinking about the little girl and the others who were killed in the Arizona rampage.  We all need to be aware of what hatred can do.  The misguided, instability of the man, boy? who did the shooting is as sad as the fate of those who attended a ralley so innocently.  Be nice, people.  It is important.  Sorry, I just had to say something.  The snow is receding and showing all the work that lies ahead.  In some ways I am ready for some warmer weather, but coming in just now I see we are to deal with a new phenomena, MUD!  8 elk spotted up the hill.  As the snow goes away, there is great new tendrils of grass and young shoots on the bushes waking up.  Great feed for pregnant mamas who have to feed almost 18 hours a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...