Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dairy 1/16


As I was saying, there has been quite a bit of rain and with the melting snow, we are on the edge of flood stage around here.  Our neighbors were not home, but after a couple phone calls they have come home to find under their house a bit inundated.  I think the foundation is high enough, as long as we are cresting soon.  No, the other picture is not Elk Creek, but the overflow we have so the high water doesn't take our property by the creek away bit by bit.  It is as full as I can ever remember, but according to NOAA, they were not predicting any record levels. Hope they are right for our neighbor's and many other down stream's sake.

1 comment:

  1. We had to water potted plants and the garden..., but when it comes full and heavy, it is worrying.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...