Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Diary 1/20

Before watering

After watering
When your mouse dies on your computer, you are pretty much out of luck these days.  Maybe there is still a way to get to DOS and start typing three letter commands //, but I don't know how.  Anyway, it would never get to the internet, would it?  So, now with new set-up, I am back once more.  I think the flash of electricity might have taken its toll, but just took it slower.  Worked in greenhouses yesterday, cleaning old stuff out and getting water going.  The water changes the hard, dead, soil into something with wonderful texture, worms, and viability.  I will work some more beds over today and maybe start turning a couple for later use.  It is almost time to poke some peas in, so that is my first goal.  Still white flies in there, may have to sterilize some areas by torching the soil top.  The worms duck down when they feel the heat, but the eggs of the bad guys can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...