Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Soil Mix


As I mentioned, I made soil mix. Not sure if that caught your attention, but if it did I want to talk briefly about it. I keep it simple, usually three ingredients; peat moss or coco fiber, compost, and perlite. I can vary it and add other things according to the plants' needs, but the basic mix is not difficult to come up with. The electric mixer was the tool that made the concept easy enough for me to make quite a bit of mix. Before that, I had the kids making potting mix in a wheelbarrow. After your children grow up and move away, you figure these tools out. If you want to know more, this is where the other blog comes in. I don't want to go on and on about some things and miss others. So, that is it on soil mix for now. If you have any questions go to Garden Question Lady blog and comment with a question. That is how I hope this might work.

1 comment:

  1. Great to know. Wanted to start some baby plants soon so I'll be gathering these ingredients to try it out!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...