Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Diary 3/26

I was weeding the path in the lower greenhouse and ran into a patch of volunteer arugula, lettuce, and tomatoes. Suddenly, weeding turned into transplanting! I can't save them all and sometimes I can tell they are not what I want, but once in awhile those volunteers are amazing. I had a tomato vine that trailed along the ground for six feet with some of the tastiest tomatoes on it. Unfortunately, its genes were such a mix that when I planted some seeds from it the next year, they all turned out romas. What would Luther Burbank do? (TCB=Taking Care of Business, ask Aretha Franklin in the song R-e-s-p-e-c-t, find out what it means to me. A sixties thing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...