Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Diary 3/24




Town day, TCB. Did get a little weeding done. Well, quite a bit of weeding done, just not very far- trying to find some overwintered carrots. Poked some potatoes in that I purchased from Wood Praire Farm before it rains tonight; they offer great organic potatoes to plant. Wood Praire is located in Maine where potatoes grow happily in the cool climate and old glacial soil. My son and husband helped make a nice trench we filled with a mix of sand, compost, and some pumice we hauled froma pit up by Crater Lake. The pit is basically mining what blew out of Mt. Mazama. It will keep the soil loose and has a few other benefits.
Now where were those carrots? Oh, there they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...