Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Seeder


As I mentioned, I planted quite a few seeds outdoors last week. It made it sound like a rich, full day, but actually it took me about 15 minutes! That is because I used the tool, Earth Way's Garden Seeder. I see Peaceful Valley has them for sale for $109 plus s&h. I've used this one for almost 20 years, so it has served the farm well. The seeder comes with flat round plates with holes at intervals appropriate for the seed being planted. Then these plates lock into place rotating as the wheels turn making a seed bed, and dragging the soil over the seed as it slides into the ground from a chute and then tamping it in lightly with the following wheel. As quickly as you can walk down a bed, you can plant it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...