Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Diary 3/19


It is beautiful here today(and yesterday). It is that teaser weather which makes gardeners crazy. You start seeing all the possibilities right up until it rains for days on end again! Worked on cleaning up the raspberry rows; take out the dead canes from last year, the puny ones and select a good cane every 8 inches. That means quite a few have to go. These canes make the late July, early August berries. The little green plants sprouting at the base are the late August until frost berries. This second crop is bigger and better as the temperatures cool, the berries get bigger, it isn't so hot to pick, and the yellow jackets give up piercing and drinking the juice of the berries. The drip lines are old holey ones recycled to hold the vines up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...