Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Making fig bars...

 There are so many figs ready, Garden Girl and I


.
decided to make a pan of fig bars. Mashed a layer of figs in the bottom of the baking pan and topped with a flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, pecans and butter crust.
 Too much to eat now, I will cut and wrap for a treat in winter. Low sugar topping because the figs are so ripe. I need to make fig vinegar and maybe fig jam. I like them fresh the best. They are a real treat with some strong goaty cheese on crustinis. My daughter gave me a fig recipe book, Fig Heaven, by Marie Simmons. Time to turn its pages again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...