Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Diary 9/16/13

Harvesting ahead of a clean out of the top greenhouse tomorrow. I brought in some of the butternut squash. I will have to do some trading with neighbors for some other kinds of squash, as my Delicatas did not do well. Actually, not that much is leaving the greenhouse tomorrow, but by flipping the vines into the beds and cleaning the trails, it should be much tidier by tomorrow afternoon. Every time something does leave a bed, that is it for this year. Melons for instance are mostly done. Although they may have small melons and flowers galore, there is no time left for developing fruit, so their sprawling vines can be removed and the bed readied for winter
. I  also have weeding to do as some plants are happy again with the cooler weather and sprouts are appearing in all the paths. I hope to have a clean look in there by winter, at least that is the plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...