Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, September 2, 2013

Diary 9/2/13

The house at the bottom of our road has not had permanent residents for the last few years. There is a Bartlett pear tree right by our driveway that has been left to its own devices during this time, with no water or care of any kind except my appreciation of the pears it drops each year about now. As no one else was around, I felt comfortable picking up the undamaged fruits from the ground and canning and drying them. This year, there is a new neighbor. I have tried to connect, and I am sure we will eventually. For now, I have a trade going for those pears.
I leave goodies on their window sill and pick up a basket of fallen fruit. Seems to be working even if somewhat mystic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...