Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Diary 9/21/13


Took a drive up to look at the area where the Whiskey Fire was burning until the recent rain. After the rain we received today, I think we are done with fire danger for this year. The fire crews brushed out several roads a around the fire and opened up one to Fawn Camp which was hard to get through because the brush had grown so thick. I think Fawn Camp was some sort of CCC outpost during the 1930's Conservation Corps heyday of road building in our area. Nice, big Douglas Fir trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...