Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Diary 2/9/13

What a day!  In the cool of the morning we started on the long awaited bathroom remodel.  We have a tub and we want a shower.  Of course like any such projects, there are prerequisites, and this project has plenty of them.  I am happy to report that so far, there are no plumbing mishaps, no old leaks in the floor with rotten this and that which need replacing, so that was good news.  The bad news is there is no way to do some of the things I was thinking of, and I have resolved to compromise and maybe even tiling the interior of the shower that I was loath to do.  I know we can make it very pretty, just want it EASY to clean! So wish me luck for tomorrow's demolition!  In the afternoon we moved to a new area to get more logs for the shop building project, taking down a tree with a crooked top that was left from a previous thinning.  It was obvious that it was too close to the building site as are a couple other trees.  Still have to find a straight tree or two to make the long ridge pole and taller uprights for the middle of the structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...