Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Diary 2/27/13

I wanted to use the saying"time heals all wounds" in the book I am writing, but I wanted to be sure it was period correct, so I looked it up thinking Shakespeare, I bet it is from Shakespeare. Well, I was surprised to find that the first one who said it was Terence. Now I need to look up who Terence was, but I have the feeling he was a Roman orator and politician? More on that later. He actually said, "Time removes distress, " but that was a Latin translation.  Publius Terentius Afer lived around 190 to 159 BC era.  He is also said some other famous statements such as, "While there is life, there is hope."  "Charity begins at home."   "Moderation in all things."  "There is nothing so easy but that becomes difficult when you do it reluctantly." What a guy Terence was!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...