Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Diary 1/3/13

It is Superbowl Sunday, a strange event in American culture.  With all the discussion of brain damage that we knew existed in boxing , but ignored in football, I guess we haven't gotten too far from the entertainment Romans enjoyed watching gladiators. It is traditional to drink beer, eat barbecue potato chips, fried chicken parts, and watch this game and the entertaining commercials that cost as much as curing a disease might, as if it were truly important to our lives.  So while I wait for some past gladiators to toss the sacred coin which may be very important to see who goes first, Alicia Keyes makes me cry singing our national anthem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...