Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Diary 10/4/12

So dry.  I think this trend of no rain into Fall is going to do some things to migrations. There is no feed for deer here, so there is no reason for them to hurry on down from the higher elevations where they have spent the summer.  For those deer who have arrived, they are looking more fondly at our yard as other options are not available.  I actually took row covers off of the old broccoli and some lettuce that bolted just so they had something to eat.  I was also hoping to keep them entertained while my cabbage and bok choi finished up in another bed.  At least they don't eat onions.  Oh, but gophers do.  They selectively ate the red onions out of a bed of mixed onions.  I pulled the rest of the onions out before they ate anymore. Allen helped me gather the rest of the winter squash, a smaller crop this year, just in case anyone started eating them.  So, I have one more week of bags and a couple other deliveries after that and I just hope I can keep the critters at bay for that much longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...