Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Diary 10/3/12

Hot dry days and cold clear nights.  It was 36.4 this morning and 85 this afternoon.  There is a frost warning for the slopes in our area.  I wouldn't put it past the weather to do this all of October and stay dry, cold, and bleak.  The blue jays are working over the acorns and the squirrels are getting every pine cone in the trees.  The good weather has given them plenty of time to do so.  By the time the wet season begins, their hoards will be full and we will have plenty of baby pine and oak trees started!  There is a statistic about blue jays returning to their stash of acorns etc, and it is a terrible success rate. Meanwhile the greenhouses keep producing a trickle of vegetables, but slower all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...