Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Diary 10/27/12

Soggy day.  It rained most of the time.  Everything is dripping.  When the weather let up a little, flocks of little birds would pass through.  I saw juncos one time, and then the next time I saw mostly male Lesser Goldfinches. They are the not bright yellow ones, but more subtle than their showy relatives.  They love the sunflowers and a certain few weeds, spending their break in southern flight to catch a bite. Lucky for them, the felines spent most of the day lounging about inside rather than on the prowl outside. On a sunny day such as the day a just a few before when I took this picture, there might have been casualties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...