Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Diary 10/18/12

The overnight temperatures are dropping and the short days are beginning to take their toll.  With the next real rain event many of the tropical annuals; tomatoes, peppers, basil(especially), and cucumbers will begin to decay.  I have to keep the greenhouses very dry for the most part, but it was warm enough yesterday to go ahead and give the beds with greens in them a drink.  When that moisture gets moving around to the other dry areas in the greenhouse with condensation, it will add to their decline.  It is time, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...