Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Diary 10/20/12

We have had birds and squirrels harvesting like crazy during the day.  Squirrels have been chuffing while collecting the seeds from pine cones.  The Pileated Woodpecker has been cackling Woody Woodpecker style across the woods as he collects the last of the Oregon Grape fruits and the Dogwood berries. Scrub Jays yell "thief, thief" when they drop an acorn, as if it is the fault of someone else. Like looking at the quantity of acorns, does the quantity of berries have anything to do with a harsh winter? If so, we may be in for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...