Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, October 26, 2012

Diary 10/26/12

Someone's leaf collection
Yesterday was visitation day at the garden.  First there was a group of deer.  It looked like the same gang that had been eating flowers in the yard the morning before. Then we had a group of cows come through.  They are moving down from higher parts of their range.  Then we had a ancient brown bull come through.  He mostly stood there, not wanting to move. When I walked towards the group of younger cows beyond him, he just hoped he could stay put while the others left.  I had to give him hand signals and some "shoeing" to get him to start his swaying hipped sachet away. He came sometime this morning and ate our lawn.  Reminds me of the book I just finished, The Dirty Life. I really don't care, but worry a little what he might want to eat tonight.  Poor thing, he looks sore in the hips and even fell down when he slipped on the rock road heading downhill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...