Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, May 30, 2014

Diary 5/30/14

I am trying to learn the butterflies in our area. I have a wonderful book, Butterflies of the Pacific Northwest, by William Neill, and photos by Doug Hepburn. It tells what plant or family of plants each butterfly lays its eggs on. They are very specific. This is the Snowberry Checkerspot which lays eggs on the low growing snowberry bushes that are everywhere. Here it is gathering pollen from a Calendula in the garden. It has made me pay more attention to the bugs around me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...