Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Diary 5/25/14

Not to bring anyone down, but in the midst of camping, barbequing, and time off, and all the fun that comes with it, there is the reason for this 3 day weekend that must be remembered. I wish the list of those who would be remembered on Memorial Day was not growing, but shrinking. When PBS rolls the list of recent deaths in Afghanistan and other places around the military world, and many of them are not yet 20 years old, my heart is sore with the thought of good kids who will never know half of the joys life has brought me.
So, I am not saying don't have a fun weekend~
  but as you do, think of those who are not with us and have a good time in their honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...