Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, August 5, 2013

Diary 8/5/13

Not a great start to the day. It is so smoky, you feel it in your lungs. I have three wwoofers coming in tomorrow and at this point our farm is a health hazard. If we can get berries picked, we will make jam. Hoping for the inversion to lift this afternoon to evening so I can go out to do something. Picked the first slicer yesterday. So excited! Writer's conference was super informative and I learned so much. I learned to pitch. If you don't know what that means, you are lucky. You have three minutes to enchant an agent into wanting to read more of what you have to offer. My initial idea was to wing it. After attending a class, I realized I needed to write one down and not read it, but know it. Then when I said that pitch in another class, thank goodness, it was shot down. I skipped my next class, try to calm my palpitating heart, and came up with a new pitch which flew enough to get a request from an agent for synopsis and chapters. A 7 out of 10 on the dart board. So, pretty good recovery. I learned I need more conflict and tension. I was told to turn my sweet story into a romance twice
Add caption
, and I think I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...