Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, August 30, 2013

Diary 8/30/13

Went to the top of the Rogue-Umpqua divide today, overlooking the head waters of the South Umpqua River. There had been a large hot burn there in 2009, and many burnt areas throughout the vistas, but it was still a beautiful area just one drainage north from ours. We ( my husband, my son, and I)were there to scope out deer hunting areas, but on the way back down we found incredible huckleberries. After being discouraged with our picking on Wednesday, it was hopeful to fine such nice big and tasty berries even if it was three hours away! While they hiked, I picked like a maniac. There were so many and sooo big! Anyway, a great adventure with a lovely bonus.


1 comment:

  1. Whoa! What a great find! If only we had known about those huckleberries before...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...