Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, June 7, 2013

Diary 6/7/13

When I arrived at the greenhouse this morning, Felicity was already there hunting. Hopefully she will stick to gophers as there are also mother birds with fledglings in the bushes here and there. I did see her pounce once, but the rodent slipped under the framework of the greenhouse wall. She didn't pursue it further as if she knew it had reached safety, with more options for escape than she could control. I know she has been a successful gopher hunter by the prizes she brings. She always announces the gift with a particular mew. She receives kudos for gophers and mice. She isn't much of a bird hunter, thank goodness. Miles, aka. Gopher Getter also mews when he brings in his trophies, just as he did at 5:00 AM this morning... He is basically ornamental and hunts rarely, but occasionally he brings in a treasure with that special mew. I think he was worried as she continuously



shows him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...