Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Cedar Waxwings

It is cherry season and our trees have set quite a bit of fruit, properly pollinated by bees. The little green dangling cherries survived hail storms and wind gusts now ripening to be eaten by a beautiful bird I am trying to love.  The Cedar Waxwing is a smooth buff-feathered creature with black eye make-up and a crest on his head. They travel in herds, five to seven at a time together. So, if I want any cherries, I better eat them soon.  The Mt. Rainier fruits are yellow and just starting to blush.  The birds don't see them as well as the reds. There is hope for us there if the birds haven't eaten every other cherry and then spy the blush

in all the green foliage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...