Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Diary 6/4/13

Planted a couple sweet peppers today, a red and a green. That should do it on peppers.  I have a variety of hot peppers in already and I hope to have enough of them to make some pickled jars as they turned out very useful during the winter.  I also have a second planting of melons to put in including some Crimson Sweets that grow to enormous plants and require lots of room to spread.  I will put them out after I figure out how to keep deer from sampling them.
 Looks like there is going to be more early figs than usual.  That's good because if we have a cool September they stop ripening and just sit on the tree green and then brown through the winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...