Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Diary 3/7/13

While on the northern sojourn, we made a visit to the Evergreen Aviation Museum.  It is the home of the Spruce Goose, the largest aircraft ever made, designed and built by Howard Hughes and crew.  The framework is made of wood, spruce, and is amazingly huge.  There was plenty of room underneath for other airplanes, early models, quite a bit of World War II and some modern stunt airplanes. My dad worked for Douglas Aircraft and there was quite a bit about the company by the DC3 and DC6A aircraft they had there.  The entire museum which is large, is docented by retired volunteers who one way or another were connected to the field. They were happy to be there and willing to talk expensively about their particular display.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...