Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, March 11, 2013

3/11/13

I used to have more of these Cyclamens, but these are the only ones up so far.  I had hopes of them naturalizing in the same way I saw a huge bed of them at an English castle.  Of course those had 800 years to spread.  I must be patient!
With another great day in store, I have big plans for working on the perennial crops.  I want to separate the artichokes into 6 separate plants, finish cleaning up the peonies, and begin work on the asparagus which means chopping out the old stalks and adding a layer of tasty mulch over top to prevent weeds and give them some food for the season.  They may come up as the soil warms this week. I have strawberries to plant, strawberries to clean up, and then attack the raspberry rows, thinning, and clipping into shape.  Not gonna get it all done today or even this week, but with Garden Girl's excellent help, I may be ready by May!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...