Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Diary 9/29/11

Umpqua side

Willamette side
Couldn't pick them all...

The best huckleberry harvest ever.  Three of us picked over 4 gallons this afternoon in the Calapooya Mountains.  It was beautiful anyway at 5000 feet elevation overlooking the Willamette drainage on the one side of the ridge and the Umpqua drainage on the other. Then we found the huckleberries! First we were impressed with finding a great bush like this where we had been directed to go.  Then with some more exploration, we found a whole area of those bushes.  WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...