Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Diary 9/12/11


Canning tomatoes and freezing corn.  I cut the corn off the cob and leave it on trays in the freezer until frozen.  Then when I put the corn in containers, I can pour out what I need at a time.  I stopped blanching things before I put them in the freezer a few years ago.  I think that was important when freezers did not freeze things so quickly. I like to know that the first time I steam the corn is the first time and thus it tastes as close to fresh as possible.

1 comment:

  1. I am jealous of you canned tomatoes, although I am still hoping to can some of mine. This summer has been weird for us here in Michigan. We had a long dry spell in July and then torrential rains for a while. Even though I watered, many of my tomatoes suffered from cracking. The Late Blight seems to have hit harder than last year too. Sigh... but the beets and carrots and peppers are great!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...