Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Diary 6/8/11

Fell asleep before blogging last night.  That tells you how busy it is here with the good weather.  Planted melons transplants and seeds to match in top greenhouse yesterday.  Worked on an additional outdoor bed for the big watermelons, Crimson Sweets, and honeydews. Also worked on fence around pond to keep range cows from favorite vacation spot.  Have to weed the asparagus again today.  It is coming up quickly now with warmth.  I expect the arrival of the asparagus beetles today, so good to keep the stalks cut back to eliminate habitat.  Still waiting for clay soil to dry for tilling and planting corn. Will do some harvest for tomorrow and
Take a child fishing and create a memory!  This guy is ready with a new life jacket from his parents and a new flashing Spiderman pole from his Grampa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...