Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Diary 6/21/11

Summer solstice!  When I was 13, I spent this day at a small village at the tip of a fiiord in Norway, folk dancing into the night.  It was the land of the midnight sun and didn't ever get really dark that night.  We traveled south after that and the effect was less as we did so, but for me that night was invigorating enough to keep dancing forming a yearly visited memory! Another bright sunny day here in Oregon, something like this Coreopsis. Replanted corn which had another bad germination-so much for year old corn seed. I could mention GMO shelf-life gene, but I won't. We also worked on tomato frameworks.  My most excellent wwoofers are leaving Friday, so we are trying to wrap up a couple projects before they head off to see several of the western national parks~ lucky dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...