Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Diary 6/11/11

Strawberry harvest

wwoofer making bouquets

supervising Grampa
Nice harvest for 14 bags on Friday.  Not lots of products, but good snap and snow peas, asparagus, and strawberries for the bags. The strawberries are putting out their first crop and it is pretty good for the weather we have had.  Just wait, the summer crop of strawberries will be substantial.  Green beans and cucumbers soon.  Everything else growing nicely, coming out of the cold wet.  Lots of help yesterday from new wwoofers and granddaughter.  Tilling for corn planting tomorrow evening or Monday morning.  Hope the moon is good, I need to get seed in the ground!  A few more melons to go and then everything except future successions will be planted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...