Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Diary 7/30/12

Black-cap raspberries

Wwoofer, Lisa, straining seeds out.
I am starting to see some progress on the bug front.  Sure did get attacked by aphids this year. Diatomaceous earth and Neem are slowly limiting their food sources and the ladybugs who are multiplying are getting the remaining bugs.  Our potatoes are not so prolific or big as last year.  Though I made such nice nests of goodie for them to grow in, they pretty much stayed put and just made potatoes shallowly. We will roast some this evening with a Jack Salmon( a two year old salmon that comes up the river, eats eggs that the 4 or 5 year old salmon lay, and then return to the ocean) that Tractor Guy caught on the river today.  Picked black cap raspberries over the weekend.  It is a good year for them.  The berries are too seedy to make good jam, so we usually make syrup for pancakes which we tried on Sunday morning.  Yum! Lisa heads off to another farm to day.  We will miss her keen interest in everything. Happy trails, Geo.

1 comment:

  1. Nature intends to put things in balance...... having aphids around and deterring plants to counter. I hope we are able to know more about natural balancing acts....

    Your raspberries look good!!

    bangchik and kakdah
    Malaysia

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...