Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Diary 7/21/12

So we were asked to do the Nielson ratings for TV this last week.  I gave everyone an alias because I didn't think they needed to know our names, I don't know why.  Anyway, Megan, alias Liz (for Elizabeth in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo that we had just watched), made dinner for us a couple nights ago.  They were traditionally a Polish dish, a half moon pie sort of thing with potatoes and other combos inside. As she has a Polish background with a surname in the family of Zastavinski, she comes by the recipe through her mother. We made, squash ones, mushroom and onion ones, and even some dessert ones with berries and apples.  They were delicious and filling and although the pastry took time to make, a relatively simple dish that would keep well once cooked.  We had tried something similar that wwoofers made for us that they called miner's pies, but they contained meat and were deep fat fried. Bravo Liz.  This is why I love being a WWOOF host.

1 comment:

  1. those pierogies don't do them justice...i'll have to try again and make them really good!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...