Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

7/12/12

Roma escapees

Weeded and worked on tomato frameworks.  I never have quite the same row configuration for the tomato plants year to year, so I end up re fabricating frameworks each year from misc. parts. The Roma tomatoes I am growing are an heirloom with a very ethnic name, Ceure Di Bue. They are looking cool, pretty large with wrinkled shoulders. The plants have escaped the fence and we added on today.  The last planting of SuperTasty tomatoes got their framework also.  Need to cut more slats to slide in between the plants to hold the branches laden with green tomatoes up.  Allen ran the wheel hoe and cleaned up alot of the corn areas.  Meg worked on the onions and moving down through the beds towards the ones she has already weeded.  It is slowly coming together.  Have only 6 folks tomorrow.  They should have nice bags with raspberries and tomatoes.  Upward and onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...