Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Diary 7/11/12

Went to a meeting about making Jackson County, Oregon a GMO free zone.  Sounds like a great idea to me.  I really can get worked up about this one and the fact that whoever control seeds, may control food.  Whoever controls food will control us all.  The fact that GMO crops are being grown secretly right here within wind spreading pollen distance of some of my favorite farmer's plots, disturbs me especially when you know how many lawsuits Monsanto and the other GMO seed producers have won, putting good, hard-working people out of their farms.  Scary.  More about this to come.  Enough for now.  I will make a new page on the blog soon.  Meanwhile it was very hot today and that is going to help to finally kick things into gear.  I think I could probably watch the pumpkin vines grow.  I should mark where they are in the morning and then check again in the evening. Our blueberry bushes are loaded, so are the grape vines.  That will help to make up for the fact we lost all the cherries to hail, and have only a few plums on some of our favorites while other plum trees still have quite a few.  The apples are happy.  Picked the first batch of tomatoes today and several  1/2 pints of raspberries. At last, we are underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...