Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Diary 4/6/12

Nice day.  Did a little transplanting.  I started squash and some more cucumbers and worked on an area for the next cabbage and broccoli.  It is going to be nice again tomorrow, so hope to get some more transplanting done.  Want to dig up some perennial starts for the upcoming wildflower show.  We sell plants to make money or the fire department.  This year they are hoping to purchase some new hydraulic cutters because dashboards are being made out of tougher materials.  That is the goal, and we will make whatever money we can towards that goal with door donations, plants, a boutique, decorated totes and aprons and 10% of any sales the other booths there make.  Lots of free info there also from Forest Service, BLM, Upper Rogue Watershed and others of that type of institutions.  All this plus a show of usually 200 different wildflowers with their botanical names and organized by families.  This year the show is May 5th and 6th, so hope we have some warmer weather soon so there are more flowers!

1 comment:

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...