Evening glow in the greenhouse

Evening glow in the greenhouse
WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am glad you found me because I hope I can be helpful or at least interesting for you to follow, be you a gardener yourself or just watching vicariously.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Diary 4/24/12

This is the sky just before the lightning storm that took out our power for 22 hours.

With the hot days, the asparagus went crazy, canning and pickling some soon...

Potato area gets first tilling, compost and oak leaf mulch coming soon.
Garden Girl is heading out tomorrow for awhile, just in the nick of time for my gardening chores line-up. She is getting better at entertaining herself at the greenhouses as long as it involves water and eventually mud.  Then it is off to the house for dry clothes and start all over again. Lots of progress yesterday in that we were finally able to till some areas.  They are not totally ready, but in a pinch, some of them will do.  Better than nothing, anyway. Planting some tomatoes everyday, but have lots more transplanting to do, so looking forward to cooler weekend and relief from the sudden heat of the last few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, especially if I can help with your efforts...